I'm going to be a grandmother! - Page 3 - Talk About Marriage
The Social Spot Talk About Whatever.

User Tag List

 99Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
MJJEAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 4,189
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticWriter View Post
That's great new. I wish I could give my mother that surprise one day. I'm already 30 and still childless.
I was already kind of hinting, but I did mention I could wait a few more years.


Follow the evidence where it leads and question everything.
MJJEAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lima, Peru
Posts: 8
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJEAN View Post
I was already kind of hinting, but I did mention I could wait a few more years.
It's going to be harder the older I get. This is what I hate about the female biology.
OptimisticWriter is offline  
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Member
 
arbitrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas/Brazos Valley
Posts: 16,179
Cool Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJEAN View Post
My middle daughter, S, called me three days ago to inform me that she has gone to the doctor and has confirmed that she is 6 weeks pregnant with what will be my first grandchild. She is due to have the baby somewhere around my 43rd birthday. I think I'm still kind of in a state of shock. I'm not ready.
Mucho Congratulations, Girl!

But youíre going to be an awfully young Grandma, arenít you?

"To love another person is to see the face of God!" - Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

My Story!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
arbitrator is offline  
 
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Member
 
WildMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 563
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Cograts @MJJEAN !!!! Very happy for YOU!

I look forward to that day, (someday?) myself!

My son has been married 2 years, but no GRANDS yet.
WildMustang is offline  
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
MJJEAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 4,189
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMustang View Post
Cograts @MJJEAN !!!! Very happy for YOU!

I look forward to that day, (someday?) myself!

My son has been married 2 years, but no GRANDS yet.
You harassing them yet?

I was watching a Youtube video about guns a few weeks ago. The Youtuber and his adult son both have channels and sometimes appear in each others videos. The father was going into the value and history of certain pieces of his rather extensive gun collection while his son assisted with the discussion. The Father mentions some of these guns are heirlooms. Then just started ranting about how his son won't get married and give him grandchildren, how he won't have anyone to leave his guns to, and how pitiful a state of affairs that is.

I rofl'd.

Follow the evidence where it leads and question everything.
MJJEAN is offline  
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
MJJEAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 4,189
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitrator View Post
Mucho Congratulations, Girl!

But you’re going to be an awfully young Grandma, aren’t you?
I made my mom a grandmother when she was 42. I am thankful I did. She passed away at 44 from heart failure. She always said that before she died she wanted to see her children reach the age where they would really remember her, see her first grandchild, and meet the son she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager. Such simple wishes.

We were well old enough to remember her when she passed. I found my brother through the adoption agency and they were able to meet and get to know each other in the year before her death. And, of course, she got to see her first grandchild.

If she'd lived, she'd be 65 and dancing in place waiting for that first great-grandchild. It breaks my heart she's not here for this.

Follow the evidence where it leads and question everything.
MJJEAN is offline  
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Member
 
WildMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 563
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJEAN View Post
You harassing them yet?

I was watching a Youtube video about guns a few weeks ago. The Youtuber and his adult son both have channels and sometimes appear in each others videos. The father was going into the value and history of certain pieces of his rather extensive gun collection while his son assisted with the discussion. The Father mentions some of these guns are heirlooms. Then just started ranting about how his son won't get married and give him grandchildren, how he won't have anyone to leave his guns to, and how pitiful a state of affairs that is.

I rofl'd.
Oh yeah...been harassing them since they got married. Not sure if I get a vote in that decision, but I am relentless!

I live vicariously through my girlfriends who have GRANDS and spoil theirs!
WildMustang is offline  
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Member
 
WildMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 563
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJEAN View Post
I made my mom a grandmother when she was 42. I am thankful I did. She passed away at 44 from heart failure. She always said that before she died she wanted to see her children reach the age where they would really remember her, see her first grandchild, and meet the son she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager. Such simple wishes.

We were well old enough to remember her when she passed. I found my brother through the adoption agency and they were able to meet and get to know each other in the year before her death. And, of course, she got to see her first grandchild.

If she'd lived, she'd be 65 and dancing in place waiting for that first great-grandchild. It breaks my heart she's not here for this.
What a beautiful legacy, @MJJEAN !!!

I know you must miss your Mom so much every day!

Many virtual hugs to you!
WildMustang is offline  
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Member
 
Andy1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,394
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJEAN View Post
I made my mom a grandmother when she was 42. I am thankful I did. She passed away at 44 from heart failure. She always said that before she died she wanted to see her children reach the age where they would really remember her, see her first grandchild, and meet the son she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager. Such simple wishes.

We were well old enough to remember her when she passed. I found my brother through the adoption agency and they were able to meet and get to know each other in the year before her death. And, of course, she got to see her first grandchild.

If she'd lived, she'd be 65 and dancing in place waiting for that first great-grandchild. It breaks my heart she's not here for this.
Thatís a lovely story MJ.
My daughter is almost nine months old and her grandmother has never laid eyes on her.She lives less than fifteen minutes away.
Some people just wonít be helped.
Andy1001 is offline  
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
MJJEAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 4,189
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMustang View Post
Oh yeah...been harassing them since they got married. Not sure if I get a vote in that decision, but I am relentless!

I live vicariously through my girlfriends who have GRANDS and spoil theirs!
I'll be the 3rd of my friends to have a grandchild. Everyone is still yanking my chain over it, though. My siblings are yanking hard and with glee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMustang View Post
What a beautiful legacy, @MJJEAN !!!

I know you must miss your Mom so much every day!

Many virtual hugs to you!
Aww, thanks for the hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1001 View Post
Thatís a lovely story MJ.
My daughter is almost nine months old and her grandmother has never laid eyes on her.She lives less than fifteen minutes away.
Some people just wonít be helped.
Yeesh, you'd think she'd have apologized, asked for forgiveness for her rude and grasping behavior, and then tried to make amends so she could visit the kids or something.


Follow the evidence where it leads and question everything.
MJJEAN is offline  
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Cynthia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,275
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

Congratulations!

I have one grandchild and she is a delight to my heart. What a lovely girl she is! She keeps us laughing and smiling. Everyone is right that the relationship you have with your grandchild is so different and special. The pressure is off.

I don't know who said this, but I agree, holding your baby's baby is surreal and wonderful. I was blessed that I was with my daughter through her labor and delivery. She had her baby in our laundry room. My husband and my son-in-law set up the tub and had it all ready for her. The midwife was perfect. The whole thing was a calm and empowering experience for my daughter. I felt supremely blessed to be a part of it all.

You are in for a lot of fun, giggles, and cuddles. ❀


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For more on my marriage philosophies check out the marriage section of my website:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Standard Evidence Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cynthia is offline  
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Member
 
Mr. Nail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western US
Posts: 4,324
Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!

I'm growing comfortable with the idea of being grandchildless. Be sure to get your pertussis vaccination up to date. And get ready to child proof your home. Have fun. and congratulations.
Mr. Nail is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grandmother Showing Favoritism Akfranklin2014 General Relationship Discussion 12 08-28-2017 06:57 PM
I'm About to Be a First Time Grandmother! karole The Social Spot 19 06-06-2017 05:54 PM
Hypothetical question....inheritance peacem The Family & Parenting Forums 51 03-10-2017 11:09 AM
married do not want to fall for a single coworker lostgirl07 General Relationship Discussion 98 01-09-2017 09:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome